PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2010, 07:10
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport talking urgently with bmiR in an effort to have the airline redeploy the spare capacity that will be created when they vacate the BHX route at the end of next month. My own thoughts are that, given the continuing downward spiral of pax nos. on most of the routes up here, the capacity will go elsewhere rather than stay in ABZ, but obviously hope I'm wrong. But I've never been as pessimstic about future growth at Dyce that I am right now. At least on the scheduled front. Perhaps working in town & seeing our derelict-looking main street & a de-facto bankrupt Council doesn't help my mood!!

Airport also denying allegations that have surfaced about an easyjet withdrawal from the airport.

Re Olton Pete's post, Flybe's W10/11 winter schedule out of ABZ is slim pickings, but it was that last year as well. They make great capital saying they are a major player at Inverness, Glasgow & edinburgh. Which they are of course. But look at the list of destinations at ABZ...there ain't that many. They dabbled with Southampton & Newcastle, & more recently via loganair at Cardiff. But none on a business freq - they were all off-peak. And none lasted. I want Flybe to expand here, but I increasingly find a Flybe press release as funny as Jim French finds an O'leary press conference!

edit:
Pete, local press saying that Flybe intend adding 4 flights a week to/from BHX in light of the bmiR announcement. bmiR say the route "was not performing to expectations". In other words, not enough bums on seats. Or high yielding bums, at any rate.

bmiR adding extra rotation on MAN as a result.

Last edited by Richard Taylor; 25th Sep 2010 at 08:58. Reason: additional info