PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling the tower or a/g frequency even when flying above their airspace
Old 13th Aug 2002, 09:51
ATCbabe
PPRuNe's favourite BABE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Luscombe

As FFF has said it was me that wanted more class D around my airfield, not aerbabe ( much as she knows I lurve her!! )

any encroachment on currently uncontrolled airspace must be completely justified
Class E airspace is controlled airspace!! The airfield that I work at is certainly getting much busier and is the sixth busiest in the uk (well if all the published figures are correct!).

Class D further round on our descent paths would make life so much easier and indeed that little bit safer. I could tell you stories of VFR traffic at 3000ft on 10 mile finals, just where we turn IFR traffic on the llz at that height. Makes it worse when they are orbiting in the area and not speaking to you!! The amount of delay this can coz is unbelievable.

You are right that light VFR traffic has a place, everyone has got to start and learn somewhere. However what joy there can be in watching out and avoiding B767s, etc when passing so close to busy airfields and not talking eludes me

Last edited by ATCbabe; 13th Aug 2002 at 10:16.