PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2010, 05:44
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JASPA

"Got turned down today said no to 20-25k type rating 757 70% rosta and was also asked would i be prepared to relocate up north i asked do i have to pay for the vaseline aswell, shuv it jet2."

Huge pat on the back Jaspa, the more people like you who do this the faster the industry will move out of the quagmire!!!

Robbo0885

I was in your position just 3 years ago and managed to get on a Jet with a similar outfit same type on a much better deal than the one offered by Jet2 as the market was much more buoyant.
I fear after 6-8 weeks of working a full on Summer roster at 100% for 70% pay of 11-13hr days, earlies to lates, min rest back to earlies, changes to your roster, days off recovering........you may not think what Jet2 offer is so good. It is great to have the enthusiasm for the job but don't De-value yourself and what you have achieved by gaining your licence, the investment you have made in time, money and ability and make the mistake of thinking what Jet2 (and others) are offering 250hr guys is good, it is crap!! You just don't realise it until 3-6 months down the line after the novelty of flying a jet has worn off.........