PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2010, 15:50
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair

wesleyscott

Not too surprising and although Aberdeen was not specifically mentioned there was article showing how train operators from the Midlands to Scotland had increased their ticket sales by 40% in 18 months. Looks as if BHX might have to get used to just one operator.

jpthomas72

Yes Lufthansa have held firm with their flights even with the dip last year, very few amendments and they seem back on track to passenger levels pre 2009.

southside bobby

Classy contribution, please tell me your not a shareholder or senior management of any kind.

Ryanair are have always done well except for blips here and there but if was a shareholder in a business I would want my investment maximised and sometimes the sheer amount of schedule & route changes is mind-blowing and can't be helping surely?

I have not moaned about them cutting Kaunas (I have little doubt it is 100% the correct decision) or only using three out four based aircraft in winter (economics of the day) or promising 10 based aircraft by 20?? (I believe the press release is still around).

I just questioned the idea of operating more flights in winter on Tuesdays and Wednesdays rather Monday & Friday which are traditionally busier days. There will be reason for it and I have suggested at least one possibility and as I have said earlier they are not adverse to schedule changes. Look at the destinations quoted and you will see it won't be slot problems...............anything constructive to add?

Pete