PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Recruitment Roadshows In Uk.
Old 24th Sep 2010, 09:38
ryanairpilotSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iver - I think you are right - EK may well suit some people - but from what I saw at the open day in STN - it is mostly people who failed command in Ryanair or have other issues that are applying to EK.

The fact is very few people have left from FR to EK or any other Gulf carrier.

Ryanair pilots - all day every day for weeks on my flights - have been talking about going to an open day and then not going. Visiting Dubai for a SIM check - is a very different matter - to actually then getting offered a position and resigning your job.

Doug - PB was actually very humorous outside the EK roadshow - if it was my business I would keep an eye on the competition.

No high quality airline appears to be hiring Captains in the Gulf unless they are rated. The FO deals are not that attractive financially.

FlyDubai have hired a handful from FR but I do not think that makes financial sense other than if you do not wish to be in the European tax system. If FlyDubai get short of pilots and improve their deal - well then FR may lose a few more.

Interested to hear what Norman SF can tell us about the situation at EzyJet where I heard there was a very large turnout in LTN at the EK open day.