PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Recruitment Roadshows In Uk.
Old 24th Sep 2010, 03:09
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it so hard to understand that the problem is the SYSTEM and not the pilots??
The SYSTEM is that the PILOTS are underbidding each other for jobs!
I m sure you once dreamed of being a pilot, and I am sure you would have taken any job back then, at any wage. So leave the new kids alone, it's not their fault.
Partly correct on that one. Yes, I once dreamed of becoming a pilot and I do admit that it's hard to get one's foot in the door. Nevertheless , and this is a big nevertheless, once you have your foot in the door, PILOTS should focus on preserving the T&C's that our forefathers fought hard for, and not continue to bend over backwards to accommodate the SYSTEM!

It just does not make sense to shrug your shoulder or moan about how "rotten the world has become" and allow airlines to open the floodgates of cadet scams undermining our T&C's that way. In the long run you're certainly not doing these cadets a favour, but in fact you are making their life much harder to pay back their loans, pay for a mortgage, start a family etc. PILOTS would be doing these young guys a much bigger favour by making sure that they will be hired on a normal contract like everybody else! That way they can get on with their lives, career etc and won't have to escape to some godforsaken desert!

The current low-cost airline SYSTEM of Jell-O-spined PILOTS is a downward spiral, a catch 22, and it's the very reason people are now thinking en mass of leaving the low-cost industry in the first place.