PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frank Robinson Lecture Tuesday 5th October
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 22:46
nobloodywind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I certainly would attend if I could, here is a person who is a champion problem solver, engineer and motivator all in the one wrap.

Regarding the tampering of time recorders, I don't think it is endemic of the mustering or ag industry in isolation, or in particular just the Robinson type.

I had heard that the NZ CAA were trying to do something about tamper proof devices?? I wonder what has happened there?

It is not a question of the weight of the legislation or penalties for those who are caught, it is a matter of setting in place a system to short circuit the practice in a failsafe manner.

The problem is those who believe they will not be caught. Stopping hour meters from working is a very simple thing to do I am told.

I think Mr Robinson's intellect and capacity is what might be required to provide us all a fix for this major problem, as one last little job for us.

Surely it would be a major relief to all of the regulators around the world to know that they would not have to be forever grovelling around checking up on two bit criminals and to be able to concentrate on better issues.

All the best for a good lecture.