PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French strike - routing options ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 20:59
anengineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us know how you got on anengineer so we can see how this affects at least one member the travelling public.
Well, I've just got home after a bit of a monster journey (motorway jams in Spain, then the UK !). The flight was scheduled for an 11:20 departure from AGP and was showing as delayed until 12:30 when we arrived at Malaga. We eventually left around 13:10 and routed west then up the coast of Portugal, out into the Atlantic for a bit then in over Lands End and up the Bristol Channel. (EZY6052 in case anyone here worked it.) The Captain didn't detail the route any more than that and my Tomtom wouldn't pick up any signal inside the A320 (didn't think it would, but it was worth a try !), so I can't be more specific. We had the advantage of a good tailwind, so made up the time lost by the detour. I don't know if we were ever routed via T9 - or if the A320 had a HF set.

As far as other flights out of AGP, I would say that about 15% of them were showing as cancelled and probably 60-70% of the European flights were delayed between 1 & 2 hrs. Also, not sure if it had anything to do with the French action, but the gate numbers were changing like a game of musical chairs ! - Every half hour or so another announcement was made that flight xyz was now departing from a different gate to previously displayed and hoardes of passengers would up and move !

So, we were relatively lucky overall, and the impact (from AGP anyway) of the French action was pretty minimal, thanks to the creative routings of the airlines and you good people !

If only you could do something about the traffic on the M4 too