PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 18:01
airforced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New ACRO seats

I too flew on a newly kitted out B73 for the first time last week and I'm not as enthusiastic as wawkrk about them. They have their good points, ie increased leg and knee room and no chance for the numpty in front to destroy your enjoyment of the flight by reclining his seat in your face.

However, other than for a short hop from Spain etc I'm not convinced about the comfort of the seat itself. I'm just under 6' tall and the seat squab seems too short to provide adequate support. The lumbar portion of the seat is also a little too firm for my liking too. As for the arm rests, they are just far too narrow and too short to provide a comfortable resting place for the arm.

As an LS passenger from LBA since operations started there I found the old seats adequate but I suppose the new seats will serve a purpose in reducing weight, maintenance etc but I'm not looking forward to my flight to Madeira at Christmas if I'm in one of the newly kitted out machines.

I'm surprised not to have seen any comments about them before so does anyone else out there have a view - good or bad? Are there any LS crew who will share feedback they have received or has no-one noticed!