PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you do a JAA SE IR in a Seneca?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 17:44
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW my view on EASA's ability to pull off this stupid and aggressive stunt has not changed.

On a purely political outlook (which is the only outlook that actually matters, because this proposal and in fact most of EASA is little to do with "aviation") I would give it a ranking similar to the 2005 DfT proposal to kick out N-regs after 90 days' parking.

In those days nobody with a brain thought they would pull it off but nobody could be quite 100% sure because - like the EU today - the UK Govt could 100% definitely have just done it.

But (as I have said before) it is always worth keeping an eye on suitable insurance policies.... in this game you have to watch your 6 o'clock

And BTW if I wanted recurrent training I would pay for and get recurrent training of an appropriate realistic European-IFR nature, with an instructor expert on the type, not flying Bournemouth to Cambridge (or whatever) in a rigged up plane with screens stuck in the windows and paying dearly for the privilege. Nobody should pretend that an FAA IR pilot who flies around Europe for real (or perhaps an FAA ATP who flies for a living) will be doing this as anything more than a silly paper collection exercise.