PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 16:21
Scottish.CPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
again, ive taken the CAD, caa amc, failed 7.44 r/g, pass is 6, and .44 over the reset limit...

i have flown in the US with class1 faa and never had issues with runway lights, light and high intensity, taxy way light, even light gun when i had a lost comm senario, that was fun.lol..

i had issues with the plates at gatwick and i had a retest done and my university eye clinic and they used the propper light box, the plates at gatwick i f ound to be old and faided, yet the ones at the eye clininc were new ones, and all the numbers were there, gatwick wont accept due to there experience, the lanters were different, have a slght issue wth with white/green on the fact that it was at low intensity and high no problems, even the nagel scope thing is hard and people with normal colour vision i know have gone off the scale, jaa 4 scale units and my mate scores 24 units lol

there is a section on the aeromedical handbook that statae that colour vision can the retested in there is clinical ground for it, and i will be looking at that, im also curious to find the official instructions on the use of the cad, i why they need an average of 3 runs, and why they have a retest limit ie under 7 for r/g.