PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career co-pilots??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 06:32
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SPEEDI
Are they destined to be career co-pilots, as they wont be able to obtain the 500 multi pic??
Jetstar operates under CAO 82.5 (High Capacity RPT AOC), no requirement for a Captain to hold 500 ME command.

Originally Posted by sixtiesrelic
In Command under supervision? Doesn't that count?
Yes

Originally Posted by EJECT EJECT
The problem is as co-pilot you only accrue 50% of total hours, so you need to fly effectively 4000hrs (assuming bare CPL) to have the 2000hrs total experience required.
Dual, command, and ICUS are counted 100% towards total aeronautical experience.

Originally Posted by EJECT EJECT
The other issue is the 500hrs ME CMD/ICUS as that can only be done with a C&T Captain to count as ICUS and as such would also take along time as the C&T's are usually busy with other more important tasks than ICUSing some F/O.
Is that in the Jetstar FAM ? That is not required by CASA regulations.

Originally Posted by Sqwark2000
Cadets will be Junior F/O's cos they don't and won't be able to meet the requirements for an ATPL, which conicidently will prevent them from getting a command.... nice little vicious circle they've got there, don't ya think
Does not sound right to me, that would prevent them from getting their ATPL. I see no operational reason why they would have that in place. Care to PM me that part of the Jetstar FAM that states that ?