PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Um, what's all this about then?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2002, 22:28
429 CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mai, I have been as careful as I could to ensure that the context of each conversation was made clear, so as to reflect the situation exactly as happened. I also feel that perhaps my depiction of the night guard as a "Dirty Harry type" was not unjustified, but I drew that conclusion from the ubrupt and rude way he went about his business. I've only been on this earth a shade (OK, a long shadow), past 30 years, and I would think that by now I've got a fairly good idea on how to diffuse/deal with most situations and people. Over the top is over the top, and both of these situations were such. If approached and asked what I was doing (like anyone else would have, something along the lines of "excuse me mate" would have been a much better start), then there would be no thread here at all, end story.

Just a couple of little things, Mai:

“My answer was perhaps best described as "none of your business, got any problem with that, then go talk to the boss,..”
Please read that again, but this time take note of HIS way of greeting me....

What sort of an attitude do some of you have when your initial reaction to someone wandering over, doing their job and perhaps just after a friendly chat is to tell them...
I have no problem or issue with anybody "doing their job". I bear no airs or graces, and treat people the way they treat me, end story. There was nothing chatty or friendly about it (and nor should there have been if you look at what the idea of security is), but the word "proffessionalism" (spl?) and "authoritarianism" are not one and the same are they?

Nobody doubts you have a difficult job, Mai. But please take on board the suggestions I made about an easier way to do it. It doesn't come across well in front of my paying SLF to see that sort of situation on our home turf. An yes, it is a wonderful thing to be sure that the a/c will still be there in the morning, thank you. If you are from AY(e), then you'll already know who I am, and how to get hold of me, I'm not un-approachable, and I do have to get all my fuel from there, (a/c and) yellow ute and all....

Jay Dubbaya suh, the point made, and very well. Thank you. Beat-ups, moi? Not this little black duck I gotta be good nowadays, I'm a pwofeshunal..... but don't you think those white domes could do with a big smiley face?

Batch.... yeah, I'm getting too old for that s#!t these days, you know me!

Apache, long time no hear! Maggie was handy, but best was to wander over to see what he wanted first, only to almost expect to be frisked by way of his attitude. Xmas drinks this year dude? Have been told I can look forward to Chrissie at home, YOO BOOOOOTY!

Then again mai, if you aren't a security person down at the Rock, (and if you do come from there), then I do hope you made money with the 208 the other day........ you all went very quiet when I walked past.

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by 429 CJ; 12th Aug 2002 at 22:32.