PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 09:20
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PJ2, I'm not fooling myself or for that matter trying to fool anyone else. My point is that the last crew of D-AXLA did exactly what most (well, hopefully most) of us consider unthinkable. Thanks for the link, it would be even nicer if it were published (and complied with) before Pinnacle. Good old blood priority.

Originally Posted by CONFiture
I think you’re a bit too eager to blame the crew but don’t realize how during a "normal approach" level at 3000 AGL you could end up 20 knots below your minimum clean speed just because the system did not deem necessary to warn you that maybe something was wrong … isn’t it a matter of concern for you ?
Why would anyone worth his aeronautical salt go below his minimum clean speed? Calculating it is as easy as 2xGW (t) + 85. Are you talking about flying sysops here? Ones completely dependent on computers and therefore unable to realize when electrons go squirrely and try to lead them onto the paths better not trodden?

Go check page 49 of the report (pg 50 of PDF).

While Vapp was slightly distorted by faulty AoA readings, Valpha prot and Valpha max went down to severely unlikely (for 1g flight) values. Seems as no one was paying attention to speed strip and how prot and max strips (colloquially known as snakes, as in: "Beware of the snakes!") got so far away from Vls.

Funnily, I've found an explanation regarding my question about stab that didn't move in normal law on the same page. Go figure.

Last edited by Clandestino; 22nd Sep 2010 at 09:28. Reason: Level 2 Engrish