PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the Britannia Flight Centre locale like?
Old 12th Aug 2002, 21:37
Billy M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gin Slinger

Went there about 2 years ago. There's not much to do in Winter Haven at night I'm afraid. There's a few bars and a night club, but they're only really good for mullet spotting if you want a grin!!

I remember one night there was a big storm coming in, so knowing we wouldn’t be flying the following day, we went out for a big one. Anyway, after the one club that was in town closed for the night, we were talked into going to another one that was open until some stupid time. “Great” we thought, with bellies full of beer. Until we got there and found out it was a no alcohol affair!!!! Should give you some idea of what Winter Haven’s like.

However, don’t let this stop you from going there, we still managed to have a good time. When I was there all the students and instructors would go up to Orlando every Friday for a night out. And although I never went there, I believe there’s a Hooters just down the road in Lakeland – always a laugh!!!!

Good luck and enjoy.
Cheers
Billy M