PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 07:57
b2d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact that you have new pilots thinking and expecting a jet job for their first job at 200 hours tells me someone told these guys something less than ethical in their training maybe just maybe to grab their hard earned money.

I blame it on the Flight Training units that trained them to not set them straight from the beginning.
Truly explain how the industry actually works. In my opinion, I think most of these schools will tell their students other wise to get their 40 or 50 K.

Some parts of the world, most and a very high number of pilots will not see their first Turbo Fan unless they have 3000 hrs tot and about 1000 turbine command, and that is the low end of the requirements.

I don’t want to sound like I am putting the individual down with this post but I think both sides are somewhat at fault.

I recommend maybe getting an instructor ratting, get some experience training, take your time to truly progressively learn the industry, and hard work will pay off one day, believe me as some posters had mentioned you need thick skin and lots of patience in this industry.

Good luck and fly safe