PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - India - Indian Medical for all expats within 6 months
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 05:18
Meccano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having witnessed many body shapes throughout my career, it always amazes me how some people do pass any medical examinations. But, we are talking about "Incredible India" here......
I'd like to have the same question answered about Chinese pilots, and Korean pilots.
All Mainland Chinese pilots I've ever met smoke like chimneys. I haven't seen too many grossly overweight - its just not a Chinese thing - but I doubt many of them hit the treadmill three times a week *cough cough*.

Kinda suspicious, innit.....

Look guys, in a Western Unionised Carrier with a proper seniority list there would be massive resistance to the hiring of DEC's. You can't blame the Chinese or Korean, or any other organised pilot group from protecting their interests. They may do it by strikes (not in China of course!), or they may do it by - er - 'setting high standards' (for the applicant pilots). Only the best, eh!

Whether in the Interview Room, the Sim, the Line-Check, or the Medical - they'll get you if they possibly can. And if they do it on Medical grounds, bang goes your career and LOL Insurance. Seems like a massive gamble by the applicant pilots, when you clearly are unwelcome and not wanted.

I guess if you have no other choice, go for it. But get yourself in shape first.
Oh, and get on Crestor.

These pilots have seen their destiny if they sit idly by.
Ryanair T's & C's.
Another Western Import.....

Who can honestly blame them for being out to get you? It's nothing personal.

Last edited by Meccano; 22nd Sep 2010 at 05:30.