PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR Flt Ops 'Management' - The Laughter Factory
Old 21st Sep 2010, 15:21
A320 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilots with narrow boy type rating are moved to the 320 fleet, even some of them with high hours will get a chance to fly the 330.

This is one of the most correct decisions taken by QR.

I agree that some of them planned their life to join as Direct Entry 777, they should have been told before they join, but it was wrong from the middle management in the first place to allow this practice.

They might feel some unfairness, but that what the 320 pilots felt for the last 3 years.

I would like to know how you would feel being stuck on your 320 fleet for 3 or 4 years, just to see the new non type rated joiners jumping to the wide body fleets of your airline while your career is put on hold?

Yet if I am jobless, or if my company is going down….. I would be happy to have any type to fly and support my family.

So if you decide to stay, do your time on the 320 and move forward like in any other respectable airline.

In behalf of all the 320 pilots, I would like to thank whoever is responsible for this decision.