PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet Pilot Ts & Cs
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2010, 07:29
polair911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

First of all, I just wanna say im not flying any shinny jets or even close to it! I first applied the the CPP back in 2004 or so, didn't get it. So went ahead and spent some money getting my licences and stuff, during then n now, met a few people who madde it into the shinny jet industry and some in CX/KA. As far as I am concerned, the spirit between some pilots are hitting rock bottom due to the reasons few of of you guys stated in this thread.

Now from a company point of view, yes making a profit is important, but if it takes alot out of their employee, then one day it's just gonna back fire on them. Yes, CX had a really good name in the industry and everyone wanted to be part of it, but if these new T's & C's take place....who knows what kind of damages gonna happen in the future??

I hope I am making sense, it's really just my 2cent cos I am not (yet) flying for the shinny industry. Some current CX pilots once told me to look else where if my hours are high enough for industry standard, it's just not worth the 5 years earning P2X where at the end of it, you cant not find jobs elsewhere with those P2X hours anyway, because they worht nothing to others. Please correct me guys, I just wanna say how I feel after reading this thread for months.

Good luck to those who made it in and happen to have a family home to stay at in HK, otherwise be prepare to live in the NT where rent are still quite hectic for what it is.

cheers~~

PA911