PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2010, 15:39
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it not odd, however, that the High AoA protections did/do not function with a single AoA input, but the stall warning does? I cannot understand the logic.

It is reassuring that the process of 'understanding' goes on apace - I hope the training system is keeping up, which it so significantly failed to do early on. You can preceed the Habsheim/Strasbourg with the Indian fatal, of course. It is not right, in my opinion, that the path of understanding of 'how it works'/'which mode are we in?' is littered with so many corpses. The Bernard legacy is, I fear, a legacy that will take a long time to wash out (and it is not 'folklore'!).

Dozy - I do not seek an 'uber computer' sorting out what is wrong and what is right, and would argue vehemently against introducing any further scope for confusion/malfunction - just something that clearly says -'this is beyond my software programme - beware' in big letters. I have suggested before the 'simple' warning 'tailplane trim excessive' for ALL types - that would help and requires no algorithms, calculus, transformations etc etc. Just a sensible limit.