PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - India - Indian Medical for all expats within 6 months
Old 20th Sep 2010, 14:41
itsbrokenagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Next time you go for a medical, take a look at the form you fill in .. its says something along lines of ..

Have you ever had an aviation medical certificate denied, suspended or revoked by any licensing authority? "

Actually.... I just have...!!

And NO the FAA dont give a ****e about any other medical as far as I am can see, item 13 of the old fashioned form only asks about any FAA medical issues....and its the same question on Medexpress

And come on do you really think the FAA take the Indian Aviation medical seriously ???? I bet they have a great laugh over the whole situation in India.

Imagine how much it will add to the delays for the poor local guys trying to get their medicals renewed in time in places like Chennai and Kolkata!

Oh PS down here in a more organized SE Asian Country they too dont give a damn if you have failed another countries aviation medical also.... I know that from an Indian pilot who cannot pass his DGCA medical but happily flies here as a Captain for the national carrier!!