PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spicejet Management Change and Rumours
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2010, 13:40
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is this person clearing a written test. NO
Is this person clearing a psychometry test. NO
Is this person clearing an interview with spice. NO
Does this person have his/her training done by Spice trainers adhering to Spice procs and policies. NO
Does this person have ANY commitment to this airline. NO

You are writing as though you are a stranger here. May be you are.

The p2f guy will be doing all that you have listed.

He will clear a written test.
He will clear a psychometric test.
He will also be interviewed by one the the love couples...
Simcenter will bring them upto spice jet standards and procedures..

But yes, this guy will not have any commitment with spice jet, not because he is a rich brat(probably not anymore after having paid all that money) but because spice-jet will not enter in any commitment with him.

He has paid for his type rating he will not be under any training bond. By the way isn't commitment an already out of fashion word in aviation HR world.

Please share statistics to support your claim. Don't throw around vague facts which you cannot support. This is another attempt to reduce the T&C's of pilots and does not bode well for the future. you are more than welcome to browse the FR and EZ forums and the pains people are going through with similiar P2F schemes. Again I am not a trainer and this scheme specifically specifies the term line training program for the flying phase.
Let me make it clear. I am not supporting the P2F scheme, hell! I will not like to pay that much money. What I am against is the blanket prejudice that P2F cadets are no good, vis-a-vis other 250 hr wonders in India. For the preceding sentence discussion restricted only to India, because thats where spicejet p2f are going to be coming from.

Pilots' T&C are going to go down, I being a pilot will be the last person to want that or support that. All this sure will not bode well with the future, but no authority or organisation will ever be able or willing to investigate the side effects of this on aviation industry.

I am not an airline trainer, but if I were one, I will evaluate the trainee f/o without prejudice to if he had paid for the training or not. I expect the same from you, but your willingness to refuse to fly with them indicates that you may be unable to do this.

Since this is going to be the one of very first Indian P2F I cannot come up with any statistics. But only thing I know is being rich doesn't necessarily make you a bad pilot. But if being rich is only selection criteria, then of course its is unfair to those who are poor. Being unfair to poor, unfortunately cannot be corrected by exacting a revenge from the rich, by being unfair to them.

I NEVER questioned their ability to fly well. i just question their ability to seamlessly slot into the spice way of doing things. I dunno rich boy if I touched a nerve with you but money has NOTHING to do with aptitiude.
The simcenter training has been accepted by spice, and I am sure your bosses would have taken care of how they will integrate the Miami training to spice standards. Who knows may be they will be on junkets to Florida for that.

And if you have real reasons to believe that spice has some out of the world ways of flying theses jets, then I guess you should stop flying immediately until its corrected and brought back to worldly standards.

Here is some things for you to ponder,

1. What was the selection criteria, when United Aviation started selecting cadets for Spice Jet, was it any more strict than "should be able afford to pay for the elevated prices of training being charged by United Aviation"?

2. What percentage of these cadets are already in spice jet? Is that a big number? Has anyone been thrown out cause he/she lacked flying skills or aptitude. Or, if she/he hit the prop on the tarmac, ah.. sorry spice doesn't fly any props.

3. Spice has recruited too many f/os out of the cadet program, much to frustration of the unemployed cadets. Were they selected from the whole pool of 4-5000 available pilots?

If you can't figure out what this all represents, don't take it too hard not all are gifted with reason in the same manner as I am gifted with wealth.