PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2010, 10:21
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gonebutnotforgotten,

for those who read French, the preliminary report of the 1994 A330 Test Flight accident is at this entry in the CRICA Compendium. I am not aware of an English version.

SPA83,
Originally Posted by SPA83
According to CS25, this is the responsibility of the manufacturer.
No one, least of all the certification authorities who issue CS 25, expect a manufacturer to solve algorithmic problems whose general solutions are known to no one. Even if it said in CS 25 that a manufacturer must solve the twin-primes problem, no sensible regulator would enforce that.
Originally Posted by SPA83
If the manufacturer is not able to inform the pilots that an equipment is faulty that means he has serious shortcomings in the design of its systems
I think it is inappropriate for someone who neither understands the technology nor the issues involved, such as yourself apparently, to conclude there are "serious shortcomings" here in the system design.

It seems to me that the issue of testing AoA sensorics is adequately solved by the measures pointed out here by Nigel on Draft. The report points out that the indications of sensor error were indeed present on the cockpit indicators where they should appear, but were apparently not well interpreted.

PBL