PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another fine (DHE) mess........
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2002, 11:21
kippermate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annington Homes are selling SFQ near York at the moment. I have been led to believe ( only rumour ) that they were purchased for £8K each, ( England and Wales ) and that DHE have to hand them back to Annington in a suitable state or else pay a £2K fee to Annington. DHE have decided that it is cheaper simply to pay the £2k. Therefore, Annington only pay £6k per property.

In order to purchase an Annington Homes property you are invited to camp out for upto 3 weeks prior to the date that the prices are announced. Only slightly degrading I'd suggest. Whlie not actually encouraging people to camp out, they provide a hospitality house, complete with electricty, tea and coffee, and bathroom facilities.

The starting price for the properties was £ 165K. All but 2 campers left as this was outwith their budget, after having lived in a caravan for 2 weeks, with a warden confirming that a member af their family was at the site constantly ( 1 hr away per 24 hr was allowed).

But I believe that the properties have all sold. Don't think may of them went to servicemen though.

Personally I wouldn't have anything to do with them.

Rant over.