PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are things picking up?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2010, 17:02
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well things are definitely better than they were.

My take on it is that the real extent of the damage has still not been felt. This winter will be the liquidity test for many carriers. If they're still here this time next year, I rekon they're here to stay until the next cyclic dip.

The number of catastrophic events that unfolded over the last 24-36 months have really brought the industry to its knees. Namely the credit crunch, recession and then to top it off the volcanic ash cloud.

I await correction on this but aren't we in the UK the only mugs left paying Pax Tax? I know the Dutch got rid of it after KLM reported that the tax was damaging it's pax numbers.

As for us poor sods looking for a proper flying job, until the loonacy of P2F and back handers from flight school's etc are dealt with the industry remains a bit of a joke. Sadly only realised much of this since I've actually been job hunting.

Bit like sex really....great at the time but wake up the next morning with a shiny blue book and you realise in full horror what your beer goggles made you do....

On the bright side, it's the weekend and that means beer time!!!

2W2R