PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet Pilot Ts & Cs
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2010, 10:39
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Roxy, with all the info here, you have to ask? To enlighten you, housing here is very, very expensive, just go look on the internet or on this thread. There is another thread running that covers in quite a bit of detail the cost of living here. What it boils down to is this: If you have to pay for your own housing out of your salary, you'll have sweet FA left over with to save for your tax, pay your groceries, your utilities, your public transport, club fees, even just to go out for a night on the tiles is $1000HKD. To be blunt, you'll be broke and struggling far far from home.

EVERYTHING costs more here, it seems as though every time I leave the house I'm spending a few hundred here and there, it adds up pretty quick. We are not on here with any hidden agenda, we are here trying to warn you about what you are letting yourself in for. If CX ever got rid of housing, I'd be on the first boat out, shiny jet or not. Don't forget, as an SO, you will have loads of time off, you just won't be able to afford to do anything, or go anywhere....quite frankly it would be depressing.

Clear?