PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are things picking up?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 11:16
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
Clearly we were writing at the same time there magicmick.

It was PrivateFly I wanted to calm down.

All the risks are on the downside. I'm long on the FTSE and an inflation bull. Airlines are still a shaky business model and some will fail. We are in a consolodation period I think. Jobs will become available as people die/retire/lose medical but those jobs will increasingly only be available to those willing to join some kind of scheme. The old fashioned - straight job - is going to become just that; old fashioned. Bad news for those looking to change employer including Aunty Bettys mob.

The long haul boys have swathes of near-rated applicants from the Lo-Co's. The massive sedative effect of enormous lo-co recruitment is about to wear off as RYR and EZY end expansion in the next 18 months. Sometimes its the economy and sometimes its the industry that causes seismic ructions in the Wannabe World. Recently and currently its the economy. Bear in mind that shortly the Industry itself will cause a quake when the lo-co's shut their doors. RYR and EZY have hoovered up between them about 500 jetjobs a year for the last decade. Sometimes more. Nearly all fuelled by expansion.

That ends.

In 18 months.

Think on. If you're a Wannabe there's always **** news awaiting. That's a lesson in itself.