PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 09:08
Crosswind Limit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is always difficult going through a recruitment process particularly when the flow of information is largely one way ie. from applicant to employer. I suspect, as has been said before, that Jet2's pilot needs are still quite sketchy and will without doubt change. I'm sure everyone has realized that some pilots will be needed for Glasgow but beyond that it is very hard to tell. It's no good speculating as to what kind of contracts are on offer because they may well change at the 11th hour aswell (and by 11th hour I mean possibly after completing a type rating at great personal expense - take it or leave it). I think if you're a low hour pilot (self improver/flight intructor/air taxi pilot or whatever) you should count yourself very lucky if you get an airline job on a 737/757, and I don't think anyone would blame you for taking part time, but it won't be easy being expected to do an LPC/OPC after 5 months no flying.
I would be interested to know if applicants are being asked their views on unions. As you may or may not know there is an ongoing campaign for BALPA recognition at Jet2 - to which the management are opposed and are doing their utmost to delay proceedings. Whatever your views on unions, this recruitment while necessary I'm sure could also be a management tactic to dilute the BALPA membership in Jet2 and thereby scupper statutory recognition. Food for thought.