PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2010, 16:16
monkeynutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Sorry to hear that for the low-time guys, they do change there mind very quickly and might do again, you never know.

As for the comments comparing Jet2 with FlyBe, well all I can say is that most of us here at Jet2 are striving towards the improvement of T&C's not the degradation of them.

Comparing us with albeit a very successful regional turboprop/jet operator, shows nothing more than a lack of experience within this industry. Don't mean it to sound harsh but there it is.

The whole point of benchmarking T&C's is to strive to improve things not to always work to the lowest common denominator, which lets be honest, airlines have been doing for the past several years.

We should be looking at the best parts of all the comparable UK airlines T&C's and strive for that, even if it is unlikely to happen, we should at least aim high.

I do feel for the new starters, I was one not so long ago and it is like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, but paying for type ratings, bonded and only a 70% contract is just a bad deal, and this reflects and effects all of us here at Jet2.

Just a note and not sure how true this is but apparently the CAA have told Jet2 that they can not employ too many cadets as there is an issue with the dilution of experience. Think this is aimed mostly at the B757 fleet. As I say this is unsubstantiated gossip, so take it with a Everest size pinch of salt, but there could be some truth in it.

Finally, think most of the guys at FlyBe would argue, as they are doing at the moment, that they should be paid a hell of a lot more than they currently do, it's bloody scandalous what they're being paid. It needs to be brought in line with the rest of the Jet operators in the UK! They have my total support....