PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falsified CV's
Thread: Falsified CV's
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2010, 16:03
cptbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chinese thing? You have no clue.

Quoting Load Toad: "I don't know what the falsifying was but - the Chinese authorities have caught the people concerned and they are we are told undergoing testing and retraining. And it has been reported - so - it ain't all a 'typical Chinese' type thing is it?"

Fact, the Chinese pilots are so desperate to make Captain and to earn more money that they do add time to their logbooks they did not righteously earn, such as wearing sunglasses, as we fly into the late afternoon sunshine, yet log Night time, though I a made a Day Landing and logged it as such.

IF, IF the CAAC were smart, they would compare the Captain's Pilot logbook against the First Officer's Logbook. IF, IF the CAAC were smart they would be doing unannounced "ramp checks" and burst through the doors of a random airline, every week, to check maintenance records, maintenance training records, flight records, crew duty and flight time records, pilot credentials, et al.

The biggest problem with the CAAC is there is no enforcement of the regulations. Basically, airlines, just don't give a crap. And, worse, the Chinese pilots fear for their jobs, though they have lifetime contracts. They are a lawless lot, do what the hell they want, the airlines coerce pilots to violate the CAAC Regulations, to do otherwise the airline will "punish" them.

You could be shouting at the top of your lungs that a situation is unsafe, they are violating the CAAC regulations, you do not want to take a particular aircraft or a particular flight, but the airline will break your will, one way or another. You fight the good fight, day after day, until one day, you walk out or just say "stuff it" and give in to them. Of course, there are complete spineless lackeys, whom can't get a job anywhere else, and suck up to them, regardless how deep the Chinese shove it up their arse.

I am still fighting. I WILL go down fighting. Why? Because they are 100% wrong. I live insulated within a box I built for myself. One side the Air Laws, another side the Flight Ops Manual, another side the Aircraft Limitations, another side my personal limitations, another side common sense, and always leave yourself a way out.

I ****in hate the Chinese way of thinking!