PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2010, 15:51
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might understand the "anti Airbus" sentiments if this accident involved fare paying passengers, or crew members acting in accordance with their training.

I mean no criticism of the crew - they no doubt found themselves where they were partly by misfortune - but they flew a Test Pilots' schedule (not an airline handover schedule) and quite deliberately ignored the safety limits (min Alt) clearly stated in the Schedule.

Go and look at the now seemingly regular aerobatics flown by EJ 737s over East Anglia, and you will see this is an area fraught with danger for all types. In both EJ cases, I reckon if they had flown their tests at 4000', they would also have paid with their lives... fortunately they did not (or rather not "fortunately" but "correctly").

Can you really think it correct for airline crews to go out and test the equivalent of the "stalling speed" without having a good idea of what that speed should be, depsite it being presented in a table in the schedule, and still flying (IIRC) some 15K+ below it wondering when things might start to happen

Am sure I will be flamed for this pov

NoD