PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue A330 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 08:08
relax737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A. Le Rhone, as of yesterday, Tiger in Australia was not employing DEC's. That may have changed overnight, but I was talking with a mate there yesterday and it definitely wasn't true then.

Jetstar?? That's what this thread is about, Jetstar employing DEC's and the displeasure of the incumbents at that prospect. No secret there.

It's all very well to have politicians on your side, but will it translate into $$ ? That's the question.

I'm glad you've prospered since '89. So have I, but it doesn't stop me having a realistic view of the world, and realistic is that the management would have pilots earning less than base grade clerk if they could swing it. There are plenty still full of hatred at the lack of unity and being sold out by a few back then. You see, less than total unity is no unity at all, and total unity is an unachievable goal. We are no more than animals, sophisticated animals for sure, but survival of the fittest comes into the equation.

Let me know when you start making hay. I'd be interested.

Aussie, 1500 hours on single engined aircraft, particularly instructing, will qualify an FO no better than a cadet who graduates with 200 hours, multi and instrument rating, plus quite a lot of time, no doubt, on a jet simulator.

We are way off topic though ALR, and it's only a matter of time before a mod steps in and puts a stop to it. I suggest we desist and let those who are on topic post. What do you think?

Last edited by relax737; 15th Sep 2010 at 08:26.