PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue A330 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 16:59
ad-astra

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems this thread has spread its tentacles to cover just about every sin and every dispute resolution known to the modern pilot.

Without trying to derail those who want to save the world....

Expressions of interest were called for the 777 and quite a number (myself included) considered the operation and submitted an EI.
Once the facts were on the table quite a few of us decided not to continue the process.
Some did and took the SYD base and all that went with it.

I don't see much difference in the current call for an Expression of Interest in the A330 operation except to say that it will be crewed exclusively by VB pilots.

Once again I have submitted an EI but a BNE base, a great lifestyle and a package (after working hard) that puts me over 250K++ will be hard to beat.

If there is insufficient interest by current and suitably qualified VB pilots then direct entry pilots will be employed by VB.

I have been told that at this stage possibly only 3 direct entry positions may be on the cards.

If and when the operation turns International then things may/will turn a bit ugly as far as the crewing aspects, but until then for those who want a MEL base to fly an Airbus product go for it.

Don,

The 777 introduction did not require any VB pilot to pay for an endorsement.
The Embraer introduction did not require any VB pilot to pay for an endorsement.
I don't believe the A330 will require any VB pilot to pay for an endorsement (but the offer is yet to be tabled)

Sorry for the facts.