PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS Aircraft Down In Dubai
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 14:20
Awl flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you, Mariner...

I'm just trying to show the facts as they appear in the Boeing aircraft docs. I’m not here to argue with anyone. I’m positive thinking, same like you while reading and posting on this thread.
100% agree with you. You made a very professional note on how to handle Smoke Fire or Fume situation. The only thing to add is 10 to 12 deg. pitch UP compensated with PWR during ditching but this is just a technique. Quite unusual comparing with the normal landing but looks like to be right recalling as it was done on the A320 while ditching on Hudson.

Slightly over pressurizing the Cockpit might help keeping smoke out. But in that case some kind of door would have to be installed.
That was a point of discussion a couple of days ago with a friend of mine … I realy wouldn’t want to bore you with all details but we finished with the fact that to make any part of the hull being more pressurized than other is against the Physic Law. The only way to do what you're saying is to make airflow patterns inside the hull by opening or closing AFT Outflow Valves and having FWD OFLW VLV properly working (B747 doesn’t has FWD but 737 has).
What is your opinion on this?

regards
Awl