PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hurn Sector - Saturday night - Thank you
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 15:25
flowman

Time merchant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mcdhu
Its a bit tiresome to keep getting it in the neck for the inneficiencies of others. As with all computer systems the maxim is "sh*t in sh*t out". We at flow only apply airspace closures or severe reductions in capacity when requested to do so by the FMPs concerned.
If London tell us their sector is going to be closed and then open it, where does the problem lie?. Not in FMD I hope you agree.
Anyway, while we are on the subject, we have just been told that Clacton sector is going to be closed all night tomorrow (and possibly Tuesday night as well) due to staff shortage at London ACC. This is not flow having a laugh, it is an operational request from an ACC to stop traffic entering a sector which is closed. If they subsequently open it after you have taken a big delay I can understand your frustration, but question the quality of the plan from London, not the resultant inputs from Brussels . We at flow are also frustrated with the constant changes of plan at London. How you manage to run an airline out of the U.K. is beyond me- well done for staying afloat.
And by the way, its the "worthing suite"(as in "town on the south coast of England". I believe Worthington is some kind of beer substitute.

Flowman