PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Musings On BA
Thread: Musings On BA
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 15:16
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Musings On BA

I have just returned from Japan on 006 and experienced cabin crew service as it "used to be". Friendly, nice, professional, helpful and, above all, genuine...from the Japanese crew member that is.
I fly long-haul about once a month and have done, on and off, for 10 years. The last two years have led me to wonder what on earth has happened to BA. On the ground I am treated like an itinerant who is visiting check-in solely to annoy the staff. In the air, I am invisible after the meal has been served and the requisite two visits for "re-wineing". The curtains close and woe betide anyone who presses the call button. As far as feeling wanted by BA, well, that seems to have disappeared. Like a lot of frequent passengers I have spoken to, we feel as though we have been part of a team since Sept 11...we kept on flying. I can fly with anyone I please and at, an average of £3500 return, that's a lot of money multipled by twelve. Name a major airline and they are writing to me weekly with tantalising offers trying to get my business. BA? Not heard a thing.....
I know the reasons because I know a few people in the biz and I am aware that morale has plummeted at BA. However, someone had better dig deep and fix this problem quickly. I am a diehard Flag-flyer but.....I am becoming disillusioned and there are many others like me ready to take our money elsewhere.