PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The old SE V Twin:-)
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 06:17
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'PM' what you say is true to some degree but even a 10000 hr airframe should have engines suitable for the task as in not 10000 hrs old.
As i have said many a time before with a SE there are NO options but going down at best glide speed at least with a twin even an old busted arse one going down on one engine is a lot slower than a SE therefore giving you more options/time. You can always close the remaining pwr lever on a twin if it's starting to get beyond you but in a SE yr cactus right from the start when it goes quiet!

It boils down to choice at the end of the day, you either am happy to accept the risks or you aren't, the latter for me:-0)

'pilotette' that is an indeed sobering story. I too had a sim story once. I used to hire a V tail (Forkie type machine) & flew it just once NVMC due bad wx. Upon arrival EN I had some U/C problems but all good in the end with the fire boys attending to make me feel good. BUT some time latter I heard the same airframe lost a donk in the Hunter Valley area & crashed at night leaving the pilot seriously injured........phewww!!!!
No thanks my life is worth far more than one engine !

Wmk2