PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The old SE V Twin:-)
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 06:15
Dreamflyer1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now, because im not IF rated, and havent really done alot with it, this is interesting for me.
Lets say SE, down to DA, I would be thinking really I probably shouldn't be there to start with...however; I would think that 9 times out of 10, you have an issue with spluttering/coughing etc when you increase from a LOW power setting to a HIGH power setting.
As someone pointed out before, they would fly at the higher end of the speed scale for the APP.
Me, I would think that fly at a higher speed with a HIGHER engine speed until you have to. Im not sure I would want to be descending near DA with near idle power. Ive been in too many training aircraft during the FLOWP for eg that do splutter on the GA for a variety of reasons.
You keep a higher engine speed, that gives you 1) airspeed for a 'zoom' climb if required, and 2), you can feel a little happier that she is still producing SOMETHING, and your not going through the risky phase of throwing that throttle through the wall, and wanting to go further...
Makes sense in my mind...If im wrong, well, I learn.