PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Cadets
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2010, 11:24
flyhigh744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas Pilot Recruitment has recently completed the final review of its Cadet program requirements for 2011. After careful consideration we have informed our Industry Partners of our intention to suspend all proposed Cadet programs for 2011. We acknowledge that this message will disappoint candidates interested in Cadet opportunities for 2011 however the decision has been based on numerous internal and external factors which we believe warrants the suspension of all courses.

Qantas Pilot Recruitment will continue to review Cadet opportunities beyond 2011.

Further information relating to 2012 Cadet opportunities will be made available on this website no later than 31 July 2011.

Information current as at 8 September 2010
So, no more cadetships for Qantas...for the time being.

If anyone could shed some more light on this, I'd be interested.

After graduating from high school in 2003, went on a gap year and travelled around the world a few mates. In 2005, I became a Qantas cadet. One of my mates who also wants to become a Qantas pilot decided to study Economics/Law @ USyd and then apply after graduating. This is his graduating year so he's gutted. But the way the industry is turning out, perhaps he made the sensible choice