PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Rubbish
Thread: RAF Rubbish
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 08:17
Nil nos tremefacit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LDK at least most of these half-wits can spell and punctuate correctly.

If we start with only one 'm' in lemon and move on to facist (sic) we can see a trend developing. Both 'facist's' and 'idiot's' (my parenthesis) have unnecessary apostrophes. You are confusing the possessive state with plurals, I am afraid. 'Idiot's' refers to something belonging to one idiot; I think you meant 'idiots', as in more than one.

Your capitalisation is poor. 'Have', in the middle of a sentence, does not require a capital letter since it is not a proper noun. Indeed, have is not a noun. You have placed 2 sentences inside brackets. This is, again, unnecessary and, since neither sentence begins with a capital letter, grammatically incorrect.

You also lack the ability to identify, in sentences, when a comma is required. The comma is used to separate a series of words where in speech there would be a natural pause or where a series of linked, but separate, words are used in series.

I would have said,'lickspittle, gutless, asskickers..'

I hope that this is helpful and will not further serve to strengthen your prejudices against serving or former RAF personnel. You will certainly find that about 50% of RAF officers could certainly have the epithets 'lickspittle', 'gutless' or 'asskickers' appended to their names without any real disagreement, but you will find there are many who you can work with.