PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confused and frustrated
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2010, 18:28
findyourwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I feel exactly the same!

Hi, Ive just had my 8th lesson (only 5hrs 40 all together though!) and I've had 5 different instructors! I have good lessons and bad lessons. Some lessons I come away feeling really happy and confident and others I come away feeling like I've taken a step back. Due to funds I can only have 2 lessons a month, which works out ok, but with the weather they often get cancelled and it can be three or four weeks in between lessons! Meaning I forget basic things and have to relearn certain things. however I still feel like i'm slowly progressing I am doing a lot more radio calls and have done a few circuits (instructor decided last lesson that weather was unsuitable for slow flight - which is what i was meant to be doing!) which was an interesting experience! haha.

Although I think I feel a bit differently about it to you, I think with all the gaps between lessons that I could probably do with repeating some bits. Do you find that you need to ask loads of questions after a lesson or before the next one? I feel I should be but can never think of any, even if I don't feel completely happy about the lesson, I just figure I need more practice.

I would definatley ask them about the possibility of having one instructor, that way they are more likely to be able to discuss your progress with you. I think I might do the same.

Good luck with it all, I hope you find a way that works for you!

Brooke