PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Canadians find Pprune their choice to communicate?
Old 12th Sep 2010, 15:41
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure that many here are wondering why anyone would display as much vitriol towards another poster as Big pistons forever does on a public forum for all to read.

Let me give you all the background on how he became so intent on dissing as many of my posts as possible.

To the best of my knowledge I have never met this individual, or if I have he has yet to indicate when or where.

Some time ago during a discussion regarding flight training someone remarked that the Fleet Canuck is an excellent training aircraft and B.P.F. stated that it was not a good training aircraft as it does not have brakes on the right hand side for the instructor.

I commented that that was not a real problem and he stated that he would never teach on one as it is unsafe.

I was amazed that a self professed class one instructor would take that stance towards an aircraft with an excellent safety record and commented that had he started his flight instructor career when I did he would not have become an instructor as the Fleet Canuck was one of the main aircraft used in ab-initio flight training.

He went a little off the rails by my statement and our internet interaction quickly decended to where it is today.

I will now in public apoligize for having maybe over stated the issue.

I was wrong saying he would not have become a flight instructor by refusing to teach on an aircraft without brakes in front of the instructor.

Of course he could have been an instructor, however he would have been self limited on the booking sheet to only flying dual brake equipped airplanes thus limiting his supply of students as most every student learned on the Fleet Canuck at some point in their lessons.

And that was how all this started.