PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ set to fly Australian routes
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 01:24
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

" As for the propaganda sheets, I may have thrown a few in the bin at the time,"...................together with the eventual future of Ansett and YOUR employment with them.

"From my memory, there was always an us & them belief between pilots & everyone else working in aviation."
Really? I was never aware that ANY of the Ansett pilots (employed up until 1989) felt that way. I always felt there was a good working/social relationship between the ground employees and the flight crew, as was evident by the number of non-flighties that used to come to social events eg. the cricket, New year`s Eve parties, etc.
That statement actually surprises me, Buster!

Anyway that is ALL in the past - along with Ansett.

For past Ansett employees to believe that by their not flying with Air New Zealand is going to hurt those at the top, before wreaking a LOT more damage on the base employees is blind hatred over-riding rational thinking.

Move on, but don`t forget that as with many company failures these days, the reason is personal greed at a corporate level, committed by a FEW people who have complete disregard for the "you`s and the me`s".