PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ set to fly Australian routes
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 00:57
Buster Hyman

Evertonian

Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts
Silly me, of course you wouldn't say get over it! You'd need to understand what it means first!

Believe me, I was there in 89, tidying up the mess that was created by certain individuals. As for the propaganda sheets, I may have thrown a few in the bin at the time, far too busy to read such things. Perhaps you could remind us of the predictions that Nostra...sorry, the AFAP got spot on?

From my memory, there was always an us & them belief between pilots & everyone else working in aviation. Perhaps the support would've been there for you, if there was some reciprocal support for the clerks in the late 70's. But, alas, the opportunity passed & going it alone you fell on your swords. As for the AFAP being watchdogs for all of us, please, I'm getting all misty!

I've always supported your beliefs about Abeles & Hawke et al, it was revenge for not supporting accord. I'm willing to accept that we, the clerks, were perhaps not fully aware of the facts. But I can't see the same Greek tragedy that you do in your "cause".

However, I have always targeted those few at the top of ANZ & AN management for my "vitriol". The difference being that those I have "targeted" can easily find work in the same field if they so desire, how are the people that you target going for work?