PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ set to fly Australian routes
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2002, 23:36
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buster, NOWHERE have I said "Get over it", in those words - that was a well-worn cliche used by the scabs...sorry, replacement workers.

And just as you express your distaste of those whom YOU think contributed to Ansett's demise, I elect to choose the same option wrt the people who actively intervened to shaft us, and ultimately YOU!

If you were employed by Ansett during that turbulent period between 1989-1990, you would have to have been blind and deaf if you were unaware of the PRINCIPLE of that dispute.
If you were't aware of the pamphlets being distributed titled "WHO WILL BE NEXT?" outlining some of the plans Abeles had lined up to shaft Ansett workers, then you must have had your head in some dark hole!

The FACT was Abeles & Murdoch were gutting Ansett, and attempting to (and finally succeeded in) remove a "watchdog" - the pilots' Federation - that was attempting to keep some of their malpractices in check.

But the media (Murdoch controlled) played it as "greedy pilots trying to break the Accord".
And ironically a book was released more or less promoting the same line.

The rot set in, in a big way, when Abeles & Murdoch got their talons into it (in 1978).

I flew once on Ansett, post 1989, and boarding that aircraft was not a pleasant experience for me - I hated the name Ansett, because of what the company had done to my career.
But once onboard, I saw several familiar faces of some Brisbane-based F/A's, and naturally I spoke with them during the flight.
It was at that time that I realised that as much as I despised the Ansett name, my feelings were not the same for many of my past work colleagues who relied upon that company to provide them with an income.