PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC145
Thread: EC145
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2010, 15:58
otter712

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentleman,

Here we go. Since the outcome so far was not satisfactory to me at all and I didn't feel I walked away from this discussion, wrong or right, having learned something, I took it upon myself to call an old acquaintance of mine under who's command I once had the privilege of working and now is a prominent figure in the Eurocopter division of my area (Americas).

The EC145 hydraulic pack is essentially the same as the EC135 hydraulic pack. Eurocopter quote: for whom this might be unacceptable, verify part numbers BK117 A series through C1 series and note the difference of that of the BK117 C2 (EC145). Therefore, as stated in the EC145 manual and now twice word for word quoted to you for your information, both pressure supply systems simultaneously generate the entire pressure for boosting the main rotor controls. In contrary to the earlier BK series, there is no such thing as an active and standby system.

Mr spinwing, I rest my case. The EC145, which is not a BK117 in the sense of its entire design, although some/a lot of similarities, is something you might want to reeducate yourself on if my answer still is not to your satisfaction. I invite you to call Eurocopter yourself if you feel the need to do so.

At the same time Mr spinwing: Thank you for this discussion, this is the ultimate way for me to increase my knowledge to the point of practical application and understanding. I could not have done so without you. I just hope you yourself learned something as well.

best regards

Otter