PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2010, 13:06
AUTOGLIDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not my experience on Wednesday. Arrived at Munich to find 3 booths open, and a long queue, just from our flight as far as I could make out, which took 15 minutes to get through. By contrast arrived back at MAN T3 at 2330, and despite a queue was though in under 10 minutes. Neither are a scientific sample, but just to compare and contrast....

The border control posts at MUC are sited in banks at sites all around the terminal, and I'd be surprised if only 3 were open in the whole terminal building - whichever it happened to be. However, with 3 booths it took '15 minutes'. At MAN, with the 3-4 booths on Monday evening it was taking an hour. I've never, ever, arrived at T1 without seeing massive queues.

I also really don't think that only queuing for 10 mins at almost midnight at a tiny 'terminal' like T3 is really such a fantastic success. Such low expectations are perhaps a part of the problem at MAN. I don't queue at FRA for ten mins at any time, even with B777/B744 and A380 pax all arriving.

The serious issue, is that the bother and hassle stops many people from flying. They frankly cannot be bothered with it.