PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 17:19
binsleepen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

To put things into perspective of how bad the 70% would be I have just been offered a job as a train driver on full time paying about £40k per year with yearly increaments therafter.

The required qualifications were GCSE English and Maths.

The recruitment process involved on line application
Telephone interview
An aptitude test training day
Two one day aptitude assesment days including an interview.
Finally another interview with the Ops Manager.

The training will take 6 months which they will pay for while also paying me to do the training.

While I love flying and would chose to continue with this career if I could, I have a 100% mortgage and a 100% family, and may need to look elsewhere in order to support them.

There will come a time soon when things will have to change as there are only so many parents willing to pay £100k for their kids to follow a dream.

While the younger and lower houred single pilots may be prepared to take these conditions those with families may not.

At the end of the day any airline will offer the minimum they can get away with, they are a business after all. If they can offer 70% and get enough takers then they will be happy. But if those takers are all low houred and inexperienced they may have to offer more to those with more experience if they want a mix of skills.

If Jet2 suck up all the spare low houred guys and other airlines come to the market later in the Autumn they will have to raise their terms.

Regards