PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 16:02
TerraFerma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strengthening attitudes

Ok, anybody who checked my recent post will have read that, due to personal circumstances, a 70% contract would have been ok with me.

But, the more I look into it, and certainly the more I read other pilots' views, the more I'm disappointed with the attitude of Jet2 and its competitors.

Low pay is one thing, but low pay with strings attached, is just wrong.

So I will make a stand...

Should I recieve a telephone interview, I'll accept the idea of a 70% contract. Should I then recieve a 'proper' interview, I'll do my best to impress and hopefully recieve an offer of employment. But, leaving it as late as possible, I will flatly refuse any such contract.

If enough of us do this, Jet2 may just realise that they are losing a stream of quality potential employees. As I mentioned in the earlier post, I would like to work there and would work there with a positive attitude; at any of their bases, to suit the company. And I'm sure there are many others like me.

I am a professional pilot, and will always do my best to bring a professional approach to the job; but, equally, I would always hope (expect?) to be treated the same way.

I love my wife, but wouldn't accept being treated like a from her; so I have formed the opinion that I wouldn't accept it from any HR or Flight Ops Management, either.

Market forces - yes, I am well aware that T's & C's have been driven down relentlessly. That's no reason to lose a sense of our self-worth. I've been out of work, but I'll just about manage to hold onto my dignity and tell Jet2 to stuff 70%.

Not for my benefit. But ours.

Professional Pilot = Professional Contract. Regardless of operator.

Rant over, I'm not looking for a debate, just clearing the decks.