PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 11:51
max_continuous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spikedog, thanks for the reply, I suspected that would be the case.

As I see it there are quite a few issues with the 70% contract and in particular for low hours pilots.

I myself am low hours and I am only too aware of my own inexperience and shortcomings. I fail to see how it can provide a solid "backbone" to training to have pilots on board for a summer season and when they are getting their hand in over a busy period to then leave them dormant for 5 months. I understand completely that everyone is quieter over winter but when building experience going from flat-out to thumb twiddling can not be constructive.

On the other hand, if the rumoured recruitment in many carriers goes ahead then perhaps the situation will change and more flying will need to be done, but will that see the contract change to reflect this?!

It also occurs to me that as low hours pilot I would be effectively "bonding" myself to Jet2 for a number of years while gaining experience as the 737 classic rating is increasingly limited in "transferability".

That all being said if I'm offered my first flying job am I going to be able to say no?